Best wireless microphone systems
We live in a day and age when almost everything is wireless, so why would microphones be any different? You see them nearly every day. Whether it is a concert or your Zumba class, everyone is going for a wireless microphone system, and it is very easy to see why. They are more flexible than the old-fashioned corded microphones, and it makes things a lot easier.
What is the difference between a wireless microphone and a corded one?
Apart from the distinct difference, which is the cord, there is yet another aspect that is different, and that is functionality. To understand it, you need to know how both of them work. The corded microphone converts the sound into an electrical audio signal that reaches the sound system through the cable itself. However, a wireless microphone works differently. It converts the sound into a radio signal that is sent from a transmitter to a receiver, and the latter sends it to the sound system. So, the difference between the two is that the wireless microphone uses radio frequencies to transmit the sound. It is as simple as that.
What are the components of a wireless microphone system?
A wireless microphone system is cheaper than you may think, and if you want one, you should start with the three most basic components: the microphone itself, the transmitter, and the receiver.
The wireless microphone
It can come in various styles, and each of them serves a specific purpose. However, the most commonly used is the handheld microphone. Almost every performer uses it. Another relatively common wireless microphone is the Lavalier, also known as the lapel mic. Generally, talk shows hosts wear them, and their guests. They are small but quite efficient, and they can be easily hidden. The last one that I am sure you have seen before is the headset mic. They are also small, and you do not need your hands to use it.
The transmitter is needed to send the audio signal to the sound system. If you buy a handheld mic, a separate transmitter may not be required because most models already have one integrated into the unit. However, small wireless microphones such as the head-worn or the lapel need a tiny transmitter pack. You can clip it on your belt or anything else that you may have on you such as a chest pocket. Women can wear it on the straps of their bras. Even so, a transmitter is still easier to deal with than with cables. Most of the times you will not even feel it.
The receiver is the electronic unit that receives the radio signal from the transmitter, converts it into sound, and then it sends it to the sound system. There is more than one model of receiver, and factors such as how many mics can be used at the same time are important to determine. A multi-channel receiver is available in dual or even quad capabilities.
The benefits of a wireless microphone system
In a single word, the most significant advantage of a wireless microphone system is the flexibility. However, that regards multiple aspects. They are as follows:
- You can place it anywhere – the most significant complaint concerning wired microphones is the one regarding the cables. You can trip on them, you can knock off other components on stage, and the list can continue. However, a wireless microphone system, since it does not have cables, can be placed anywhere without worrying that you may trip on it.
- It is easy to set up – you do not need an IT or an AV guy. Just plug and play, and you are ready to go. Plus, the manual is pretty unambiguous, and you can handle the installation by yourself.
- You can configure it as you please – again, since there are no cables, you do not have to configure a room (such as a conference room) according to where you place the microphone. You are free to set the room up as you want or need.
- You can move freely – with a wired microphone, you are limited to the length of the cable. With a wireless microphone, you can go anywhere you want inside a room or on stage. You are limited only by range, but that is generally pretty wide, and chances are you will not exceed it anyway.
- You can add another microphone – of course, you cannot add 4 microphones to a quad system, but if you have a quad system with only 2 mics, you can always add another two. It gives you the possibility to expand.
How to choose the best wireless microphone system
Selecting the best wireless microphone system for you should not be difficult. They key is knowing what you want. As long as the specifications of a particular product coincide with the ones you need, you should be able to make a choice. That is why my recommendation is to never buy a product without analyzing it first. Here is what you need to consider:
- The number of channels – this means the maximum number of systems that can be used simultaneously. For example, if you need 15 wireless mics, you need at least 15 channels so that you can run 15 systems at once.
- Range – the range of a wireless microphone system depends on the setting. Usually, a 150-feet range is enough for any performer who is playing on stage. However, if there are obstacles such as other pieces of equipment or you need to walk around in a venue crowded by people, my recommendation is that you go for a range at least twice as wide than the actual distance between the transmitter and the receiver. That way, you do not have to worry about interference.
- Receiver frequency – since this is radio frequencies we are talking about, someone else may be using the same as you. That is why you need to make sure that you check the frequency they use so that your system can run on a different one. You do not want the sounds to overlap, do you? Usually, you can find the frequency your system is working on inside the manual or on the back of the receiver.
The factors mentioned above are the most significant, in my opinion, but you should also decide between digital and analog, and do not forget about the FCC 2020 Compliance. It will take effect in 2020, but you may have the system then as well. The idea is that some older wireless systems cannot be used anymore is the United States because they use the 617-652 MHz and 663-698 MHz. As long as you purchase a wireless microphone system that does not use the mentioned frequencies, you should be good to go.
What are the best wireless microphone systems?
The offer is pretty vast, both online and in stores. As long as you take into consideration the factors presented above, and you pay attention to the specifications, your choice should be easy to make. Reading some wireless microphone systems reviews online may also help because people who have already bought a particular product are the most qualified to tell you whether that product is worth buying or not. Until then, check the models I selected. Maybe one of them will suit your needs.
Archeer UHF Wireless Microphone System
The first product on my list of high-quality wireless microphone systems is the one manufactured by Archeer. Just as the title suggests, it is a UHF Wireless Microphone System that works at 220-599 fixed frequency, and it has a strong anti-interference ability. I am sure that if you go for it, you will be delighted with your choice.
The Archeer Wireless Microphone System has a high signal and noise ratio performance. It features a broad frequency response rate, low distortion, and has two antennas that enhance the wireless signal distance. Your signal will be both strong and stable. There are only two available channels, and you get two handheld microphones. The two unidirectional cardioid mics deliver loud and clear sound. This system is ideal for church, outdoor events, family entertainment, and even small band performances.
The range of the Archeer Wireless Microphone System is 80 feet within the line of sight. If you want it to work within this range, you need to make sure that there are no obstacles between the mic and the receiver. The package contains the system, the two mics, and audio cable, a power cord, and manual. The microphones run on AA batteries, but you need to buy them separately.
Fifine Wireless Microphone System with 2 Headsets and 2 Lapel Mics
The Fifine Wireless Microphone System is another product that you may be interested in. It is an interference-resistant UHF system that features a fast and wireless synchronization. The frequency matching is quick and effortless, and the entire system can support up to 20 channels at once. It has only two channels (B/C,) and it provides a clear and static-free transmission. You do not have to worry about crosstalk.
This wireless microphone system uses two antennas on to enhance the signal and reduce the chance of dropouts. You can sue this system for various purposes. The range is more than satisfactory, with 165-feet operating distance. However, it differs in the line of sight and in paces with obstacles. If there are any in the location you are using this system, the range is 50 feet.
The system features an easy to read LCD information display on the transmitter and an indicator light on the receiver. You can operate the system efficiently as a result, and you always know what you are doing. Each mic has its own volume control for every channel for a precise vocal balancing. I am sure that you will find this product most useful.
Fifine Technology Wireless Mic System
If you are looking for a wireless microphone system for light use, then this is the product you are looking for. While you cannot use it in large venues, you can use it for Karaoke, house parties, or small private events. It will give you the flexibility to move as you please, and you will be more than satisfied with the sound.
Even if this is a small wireless microphone system, it is still pretty potent. The UHF capability ensures a strong and clear signal, and the quality of the sound is more than reasonable. It reduces the possibility of interferences and dropouts. With a range of only 80 feet in the line of sight, I think it provided enough.
The Fifine Technology wireless microphone system is very easy to use. It is a plug and play product that does not require a complicated setup. You can choose one of the 20 available frequencies so that you do not experience any interference. The system features a low-battery indicator, and the handheld mic is comfortable to hold. The cardioid capsule delivers a warm and smooth sound, and it has a low rejection rate. I think this product deserves your attention as well.
I am not a fan of headsets, which is why my choice is between the first and the last products mentioned above. If I were to choose one, I would go with the Fifine Technology Wireless Mic System. My choice, however, is based on the fact that I do not need more than this model can provide. That is why I think it is one of the best wireless microphone systems in the light category.
A wireless microphone system is a lot more convenient than an old-fashioned one, which is why very few people still buy the latter model. I can understand why that is. A wired microphone system can never provide as much flexibility and comfort as its wireless counterpart. I am sure that no matter which product you end up buying, you will be satisfied with your choice. Click here to buy on Amazon
- The Do This, Get That Guide On Headset Microphone
- The Secret to Best Wireless Microphone
- The Fundamentals of Wireless Lapel Microphone System Revealed
- Wireless Microphone Set at a Glance
- Understanding Professional Wireless Microphone
- A Startling Fact about Bluetooth Microphone Uncovered
- The Bizarre Secret of Wireless Lavalier Microphone
- Thoughts on Wireless Clip on Microphone in Simple Step by Step Order
- Why People Aren’t Discussing Wireless Headset Microphone System
- The Biggest Myth About Wireless Microphone for Computer Exposed
- The Ugly Secret of Sure Wireless Mic
- Dirty Facts About Wireless Lavalier Microphone System Uncovered
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Microphone System
- Wireless Handheld Microphone – an in Depth Anaylsis on What Works and What Doesn’t
- Bluetooth Wireless Microphone at a Glance
- The Nuiances of Portable Microphone
- Want to Know More About Wireless Mike?
- Wireless Microphone Price Secrets That No One Else Knows About
- The Death of Radio Microphone
- Mic Shure – Overview
- Wifi Microphone: the Ultimate Convenience!
- The Advantages of Head Microphone
- Top Wireless Headset Microphone Tips!
- Microphone Wireless Explained
- The Meaning of Sennheiser Wireless Mic
- Read What the Experts Think About Wireless Lapel Microphone
- Shure Wireless Can Be Fun for Everyone
- Important Solutions for Lapel Microphone in Step by Step Detail
- Who Else Is Lying to Us About Professional Microphone?
- Buying Wireless Microphone System
- Using Wireless Microphone Headset
- The Number One Question You Must Ask for Cordless Microphone
- The Number One Question You Must Ask for Shure Wireless Microphone
- Who Else Wants to Learn About Shure Microphones?
- Top Wireless Microphone Reviews!